3 Choirs Festival
Who I am
Having started my career in concert and event production, I was delighted when the opportunity arose for me to move into fundraising in 2019.
I’ve enjoyed getting stuck into my role as Development Manager at the Three Choirs Festival (the oldest classical music festival in the world!). I’m responsible for managing multiple fundraising streams, including Individual Giving, Corporate and Public Funding. And as part of a small team I report directly to our CEO.
With this being my first role in fundraising, I was keen to deepen my knowledge and understanding of fundraising best practice and consolidate everything I’d picked up to date. Aware that I’d need to hit the ground running in my new role, I asked around about the best courses for getting started in Arts Fundraising. NAFS came highly recommended.
How the NAFS team helped
I was so excited to get started and in April 2021 the time came. I cannot explain just how valuable this experience has been for me. It completely exceeded my expectations in every way.
- The course was delivered brilliantly, despite being virtual.
- The coaches are highly experienced, knowledgeable, patient and encouraging.
- The course is delivered in perfectly sized groups.
- I met incredible people, even beyond my cohort, thanks to the NAFS Alumni Network.
- I took away so many valuable & memorable tips, plentiful resources and ongoing support.
- I especially enjoyed learning the secrets of Decision Science.
- I felt the course was designed in such a way that facilitates deep learning, meaning I can remember and draw on what I learnt long since completing the course.
- Now I have the confidence to fundraise for anything.
Despite not being required to write Trust & Foundation applications in my role at Three Choirs, I’ve been successful in applying my new-found skills outside of work too; securing a grant of £3,714 for a promising young artist who can now record and release their debut album, along with a music video to match.
I’ve learnt so much and enjoy applying principles from the course every day. I look forward to continuing my journey with this brilliant group of people.