So you’ve decided you want to come to the National Arts Fundraising School. Coming on the School is possibly the most expensive investment you/your organisation could make. So you might experience some resistance from senior managers or volunteer Board members in your organisation. Below we list some of the possible reasons you could offer to make your case and convince your boss you should attend the National Arts Fundraising School.
- You’ll come back with an outline strategic plan to raise significantly more money, and the know-how to flesh out the plan. The biggest single difference between the fundraising School and other offerings is this commitment to strategic thinking rather than just tactical, one-off approaches.
- You’ll return with a number of practical tools and techniques – for example, you’ll know how to draft a proposal to a US foundation, how to assess a major donor’s communication preferences over the phone, and how to put together a pitch for a corporate in three hours or less (and much, much more).
- You’ll be clear about what approaches and streams will work for you, and what won’t. There is a synergy between certain kinds of funding and certain types of organisations. Once you know what your core competencies are it’s better to focus there. We’ll help you identify those competencies and make that focus.
- You’ll have 6 days to focus on one topic – fundraising success. The School is based in a beautiful but isolated country hotel where the only things to think about are fundraising… and which bird is that singing outside. You’ll work intensively to make the most of that focussed time.
- Learning from the best. All the programme leaders are experienced practical fundraisers – among the leaders in their fields. We’ve put together a team of tutors with backgrounds in charity and cultural fundraising, corporate and HNWI, community based action and hard-to-sell projects.
- The School uses a wide mix of learning approaches including expert presentations, group exercises and activities, coaching and case studies so you’ll learn and retain a huge amount in a relatively short time.
- The approach is deeply practical, so you’ll find out how the models and approaches are relevant to your organisation as well as building a robust strategy and portfolio during the week. You’ll come back to work with a well-developed action plan to put into place immediately.
- You’ll get a 350-page workbook and digital resources to keep, as well as access to the extensive fundraising reference library during the school. You’ll also have access to free Alumni events and future fundraising sessions.
- 100% MONEY BACK GUARANTEE If you don’t raise a sum at least equal to the School fee within 12 months of completing the programme, we’ll refund the fee. All of it. Making it a risk-free investment. More about the money back guarantee
- Ongoing support — You’ll have joined a very special group of high achievers. And we want to keep in touch and provide ongoing support. You’ll be able to join the NAFS Alumni Facebook group – exchanging ideas and experience. There’s also a private LinkedIn group exclusively for Alumni where you can seek advice on things you wouldn’t want to be public – we’ll send you an invite after the School. You can also pick up the phone and ask us reasonable questions. And you’ll be invited to at least two special Alumni events a year to learn about the latest techniques, pick up on news about sources, and seek advice and support from fellow alumni or =mc’s experts.
The next School is 10 – 15 November, book now to guarantee your place.